Tuesday, November 14, 2006

NaNoWriMo Day 14

Well, Harper voting closes in 26 hours! This time, there were only 668 submissions in the pool compared to over 2100 submissions last time. I entered 3 pieces and am keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Noting from Sweet 16 just yet. I think I'm too anxious and need to enjoy the fact that I FINALLY was asked to produce a spec MS.

I haven't started on NaNo yet today. I'm trying to get through enough school work so I can take it easy over Thanksgiving.

I officially decided to take this month off from querying and will focus on fiction for once. I've spent the past 3-4 years solely writing non-fiction and I think I was due to try something else.

I checked out numerous books from the library on editing and proofing so I'm prepared to begin editing my draft in December. I'm struggling a little with that the word count *should* be. One YA publishing company wants 45,000 words, others say up to 70,000. Hmmm...gotta do more research on the average YA book length.

No comments: