Sunday, December 03, 2006

Justine Query

Argh....in early August I sent a resume, clip and query to an editor at Justine Magazine. I've waited patiently for a response and finally decided to send a follow up last night. I headed over to browse Justine's Web site and it appears that the editor I queried is no longer there. Months of waiting and I should have sent a follow up earlier!! Ack! So, I resubmitted my query and I *hope* I get a response now.

Justine's new issue did a great spread on 3 young writers including Dallas Nicole Woodburn, a 19 year old author. I read her article "Idol Advice" in a writing magazine (Writer's Digest or The Writer, I forget) and have checked to see what else she has done. It's always good to keep an eye on the competition! :) Nah, I'm even thinking about contacting her to see if I can query a few magazines regarding her profile.

Today I'll be submitting my 5th entry in the Harper contest. This is the latest I've ever submitted. Normally, I submit Friday night but last night on a whim I decided to go to the Winter Festival downtown. There was a great parade, tree lighting ceremony and all-around holiday spirit. My favorite news anchors walked right by me and I babbled about that for hours. Yes, I love my news!

No comments: