Friday, December 15, 2006

Snow Envy

Yes, I have snow envy. The holiday season is in full swing and it's 76 degrees here today!! Not cool since I'm jogging around the neighborhood looking at lovely Christmas decorations as I pant from the heat.

Last night, I took a chance and posted my query letter to the Writer's Digest "query critique" forum. Within a few hours, I had two very helpful responses and I realized my query was all wrong. Format- great. Bio-great. Intro-you get the trend, great. But, the paragraph about the book morphed into an ugly 3-paragraph synopsis. Needless to say, I'll be revising that query this weekend.

I've been on break for only a couple of days and I'm ready to go back to school. Sad, I know. I'm already working on a paper and am buying the hundreds of dollars worth of textbooks that a I need. Luckily, most are paperbacks for my lit. classes and I'm happy to add those to my bookshelf.

TGIF! Posted by Picasa

No comments: