Thursday, December 07, 2006

Online Writing Classes

I've been contemplating what to do in between the time I get into grad school and finish my B.A. at F.S.U.

I think a couple of online writing classes sound like a good idea. But, what school to pick? I pulled a list of reputable online writing schools from Writer's Digest and the list looks like this:

* UCLA Extension School (courses can sometimes be used for graduate credit)
* Gotham Writers' Workshop
* Writer's Online Workshops (presented by WD)
* Institute of Children's Literature (I took classes from them a few years ago)

Anyone taken a course from any of these schools? How about another writing school?

The classes are expensive and it's hard to know what the classes are truly like until it's too late and you're already enrolled. UCLA is holding a free cyber open house for their courses in March, so I'll definitely check into that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm starting a 10 Week, online course, with Gotham on Tuesday.
Will let you know how it goes

Anonymous said...

I'm starting a 10 Week, online course, with Gotham on Tuesday.
Will let you know how it goes

Jessica Burkhart said...

Thanks, aberro! I look forward to hearing about it! :)