Tuesday, November 21, 2006

NaNoWriMo Day 21

And so, the 21st day of NaNoWriMo comes to a close. How sad and yet exciting at the same time! My word count is lower than what I'd like but 38,000 words is getting closer and closer to that 50k marker. I hope to get a few hundred more words in tonight. The next project, you ask? Writing a Harlequin romance. Fun!

The top ten finalists for round 3 of the Harper contest are announced tomorrow at noon. I'm very, very nervous and hope that I final again! There are some great entries again and there were almost 600 entries this round.

I sent a query to Winner magazine today. I've had great luck with their sister publication, Listen, and will have 3 pieces appearing early next year. I'm hoping Winner will be just as open to my style but I'm not sure since the age group is 4-6 graders and I've never written for that age group before. We'll see.

I have 13 queries circulating now and I hope I get a few responses before the holidays start to draw editors out of their offices.

No comments: