Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Plans for Break

There is not going to be much writing this week aside from the Harper contest. Finals seem to get in the way and I'm looking forward to one month off before school starts again. My plans for break are shaping up:

Holiday Break Plans:

* Watch Pirates of the Caribbean 2 (I NEVER saw it over the summer! How embarrassing!) and the Devil Wears Prada (Oscar for Meryl Streep, perhaps?)

* E-query at least 10 editors (I've wanted to query Highlights since I started writing but never figured out the best query. Hmmm...) And, does anyone really send out paper queries anymore? I don't.

* Write an outline for a Harlequin American Romance. I've noticed that e-Harlequin offers free help on writing a Harlequin book and even offers a critique service for a fee. Has anyone used their services?

* Read at least ten books on my list that never grows any shorter

* Watch a few episodes of "Gilmore Girls" on DVD

and finally...

* Crack open my young adult novel that I wrote during NaNo and see if it's worth editing.

No comments: