Friday, January 26, 2007

Scary stats

Like most people, I love Fridays! I don't go back to school until Tuesday and I'm free to write, read and study. I've been researching my alcohol factual for Listen and the facts I've read are sobering and scary. The media says underage drinking is down, but wow, if it's down now it must have REALLY been out of control before.

I've got to do follow ups on my queries (a few I sent over the summer and still don't have a response) and do a bit of editing for a client. Some days, the writing business seems all paperwork! I'll post my current stats for 2007's queries tomorrow.

There will be no blogging on Monday- it's my birthday and I'm taking the day off! :)

2 comments:

Stephanie J said...

Hey, I think it's great that you're doing the article about underage drinking. Even as a senior in college...isn't it crazy how much stuff is out there that you never knew about? We had a presentation in my Women's Health class by a graduate student who was focusing his studies on alcohol. I was just amazed. I'll be interested in seeing how the article turns out!

Jessica Burkhart said...

I've found that I'm quite ignorant on this topic and I'll definitely send you a copy of the article when it's printed. :)